Monday, January 7, 2008

Mengejar Matahari ( Chasing The Sun)


This film is about friendship, truly friendship. I don’t know why.. but I just love to watch this movie, again and again. It’s always remind me about my teenager time. My cheerful days, where laughing is more than smiling.. In summary, this film is about friendship between four boys, from different backgrounds and with unique characterization. Ardi, an emotionally suppressed young man. Damar, an angry young man who loves to fight and acted as the group's protector, Apin, who wanted to be a film director and Nino who is quiet and matured character balanced the whole friendship as he always ended up being the peacekeeper….through theirs’ strengths and weaknesses, they compliment each others.

The story line is quite simple but the way they present it looks so interesting. It’s about their friendship, family matters and local trouble with Obet (the murderer). Later when they're teenagers, their friendship was much affected by the coming of Rara, Nino's cousin, which steals some of the boys' heart. The other bigger problem then came when Obet has been released from the prison and came to seek revenge, and the competition to get Agni's love begun to take its tolls.


Anyway, for me, it not about the story but more on the friendship ties that they showed in the story… Now, I’m thinking about my old buddies.. my old true friends. I guess if you guys read this blog…please contact me. ..mari kita "Mengejar Matahari" seperti hari-hari semalam…


No comments: